top of page


When a Canadian employer cannot find employees within the country, and after obtaining authorization from the Canadian Department of Human Resources, it may bring a foreign worker into the country on a temporary basis.

International treaties with the United States, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Colombia allow citizens of these countries to obtain a temporary work permits without the need to seek approval from the Canadian Department of Human Resources. Under free trade agreements we can find programs for business people and for certain types of professionals, technicians and technologists.

There are conditions and exceptions to obtain a work permit in Canada for occupations such as religious workers, athletes, students, spouses of international students or skilled workers and artists among others.

bottom of page